Saturday, July 11, 2015

Learning Events are not NPC's

So today I made my first major (well kinda major) fuck up from not knowing what I am doing! While working on making my first cutscene I decided that the more switches I had, the better off I would be. Well that backfired. Hard. Luckily, to my full access were the lovely and helpful people over at the RPG Maker forums. I posted a link to a album of my event pages (4 pages for a simple cutscene!) and within an hour got a response linking to a blog article titled "Events aren't NPCs: The Biggest Mistake in Cutscene Events" [link] Following the advice in this article I got my event down from four pages to just two! (with the extra needed for player interaction) Thanks to Shaz on the forums for posting that to my small plea for help!

No comments:

Post a Comment